We're ranked number one in the UK for research and second for teaching (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2019), making Oxford Brookes University the perfect place to study an undergraduate degree.
Our courses can offer:
● An emphasis on applying your knowledge to the real world, with many of our courses being accredited
● Work placements to give you the hands-on experience that employers value
● Exchange opportunities in over 150 countries
● September and January start dates
● Integrated foundation courses if you do not meet the entry requirements
● Free academic English language support
Explore our undergraduate courses >
About Bachelor's degrees
In the UK, undergraduate study leads to a first degree, called a bachelor's degree. Bachelor qualifications can include BA (Arts), BEng (Engineering), BSc (Science), BmedSc (Medical Science) and LLB (Law). Bachelor degrees usually last three years, or four years with a work placement.
Bachelor's degrees can be either single honours or combined honours. A single honour degree focuses on one subject area, while combined honours involves studying two subjects equally, or specialising in one subject and taking fewer modules in the other.